PayPal charged my debit card twice. But there is nothing shown inside the activity.

gurzlotey
New Community Member

Hello Dear
On 23rd Jan I ordered on IONOS via PayPal, At the same time PayPal charged my debit card twice.

Even there is nothing shown inside the PayPal activity. I already contacted my bank and the bank asks transactions to be completely successful and paid to PayPal, And for a refund contact PayPal.

Then I try to contact PayPal. When I try to make a case inside the Resolution Centre PayPal chatbot show there is no activity inside your account, and you are not able to open a case without activity.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gurzlotey 

Look at your debit card account activity again. Are those two transactions listed as “Pending”? If yes, the money wasn’t taken out but put on hold.

These holds will eventually expire and drop off.

If that are posted as Completed, then did you get email receipt at all with a transaction ID number(s)?

Did you even log in to a PayPal account at checkout to pay or just used your debit card?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.