PayPal are theives!!!!

Joevans9161
Had money held till item delivered or certain date passed. I did try to get buyer to click confirm receipt button first before delivery but their wasnt their for her so. I took the risk which I usually refuse to do of course skinting myself I've eventually posted item all for the item to go out for delivery today but tracking has not updated to say delivered. I contacted Hermes who have sent a email receipt and message confirming item was delivered but theirs been a problem with the couriers handheld tanker systems which it hasn't updated. PayPal have refused to accept this proof even though claiming in chat they work closely with couriers and basically telling me they won't give me my funds unless the tracking online actually changes even though they've got proof.. This is disgraceful and clearly theft & exactly why I won't post unless I receive money first and only use bank transfers these days. I've messaged the buyer to sort it out but not heard back. If I don't there will be trouble. Last time I will sell through PayPal. Sticking to bank app only now
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joevans9161 

Funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 day OR 21 days.

So if tracking does not update you should get it at 21 days.

Nothing to do with the buyer as the new seller hold is between you and Paypal and not the buyer.

The buyer can mainly only confirm receipt if you don't use tracking and mark the item as processed or shipped and they get a confirm receipt option which is not guaranteed.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joevans9161 

Funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 day OR 21 days.

So if tracking does not update you should get it at 21 days.

Nothing to do with the buyer as the new seller hold is between you and Paypal and not the buyer.

The buyer can mainly only confirm receipt if you don't use tracking and mark the item as processed or shipped and they get a confirm receipt option which is not guaranteed.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.