PayPal SCAMMING ME

WhyScamMe
Contributor
Contributor

So at the beginning of the week I deposited around 12k in LTC to my PayPal account. I then sold it for for usd directly on PayPal. So now the money is in my balance. I tried to withdraw to my bank, and debit card both. “ we’re unable to complete this transaction right now “ so I call PayPal and ask what’s wrong. They tell me it’s internal security and there is nothing they can do to override it besides waiting for 24 hours for the system to refresh. So I wait 24 hours. Try to send some money to a friend. Same error message. So I call PayPal. They tell me the same thing that had told me previous and to wait 24 hours. So I again waited. This happened about 3 or 4 days in a row then my account gets hit with an account limitation. So I resolve the limitation and then call PayPal to confirm that I can use my account again. She tells me the limitation was lifted, and that my account was good to do whatever I wanted. Said that I could send up to 60k to friends and family per transaction and that I could withdraw to my debit or bank account. We get off the phone (keep in mind this is like day 5 of trying to get my money) so we get off the phone and I try to send 2k to a friend. “ sorry we’re unable to complete this transaction “ so I call again and ask wtf going on and that I need my money. They tell me that “ internal security “ blah blah and to wait 24 hours. So I wait 24 hours yet again. Then today I call. I ask to speak to a manager. I get the manager on the phone and he assures me that everything on my account is in working order and to try and send a payment or withdraw. Guess what? “ we’re unable to complete this transaction right now “ you know what he tells me to do? WAIT ANOTHER 24 HOURS!!!!! I’m getting fed up with this bs excuse from PayPal. I have 3 children I have to feed; I have bills that are now OVERDUE. I have child support that I’m about to go to jail over because of PayPal not giving me my money. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING THAT I CAN TO GET MY MONEY. I have complied with their 24 hour bs for a week straight; with no positive outcome. Just some dude in the Philippines who can hardly speak any English telling me that he’s sorry and there’s nothing else he can try to do for me to help get my money. Not to mention all the times I’ve sat on hold for well over 1.5 hours just to get hung up on and all back to square one. I NEED MY MONEY. This is **bleep** ridiculous that I have to deal with this to get MY OWN MONEY from my account. And then just get ran around in circles by support and ultimately getting nothing but farther behind on my bills……………..

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhyScamMe 

You need to back off of your account, not even log in, for several days or a week straight so the security system can cool down/reset. You keep triggering the security by trying to transact in high values, repeatedly or in an urgent fashion. The more you trigger it the longer it will take to reset. I know you have responsibilities but chill out on it. Call child support and your creditors that money’s coming but is experiencing a temporary delay.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WhyScamMe
Contributor
Contributor
“ Judge hines; I know that by me signing the agreement we made, I am legally obligated to follow the the orders given in the agreement we made, but I’m going to have to ask you to just let me slide this week.. I was advised that my money is just experiencing a temporary delay, so with all due respect your honor, I’m going to just have to chill out on my PayPal account which will consist of me breaking our legally bound written agreement.. but your honor since I have to chill out on getting my money, i am requesting that you also chill out on sending me to jail… “ How’s it sound?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thanks for visiting the PayPal Community Forum! Thank you @sharpiemarker for your time and help on this thread. We really do appreciate all you do for our customers. 

@WhyScamMe, welcome. I truly understand your concern and situation. And while I do understand your most recent reply was meant to be rhetorical, I do think I may be able to make a few suggestions. 

In regards to your bills that need to be paid, I'm not sure which ones they are, but I would check to see if they are in PayPal's Bill Pay directory. Here's an article on Using and Setting up PayPal's Bill Pay. This has been one of my favorite new products PayPal has launched in the last few years. I use it every month.

For your day to day expenses, you may want to see if you can use PayPal's In-Store Checkout for that. Here's an article on How to set up our In-Store Checkout. 

And for a longer-term solution, you may want to check out our Debit Mastercard. It's not an immediate solution, but this may help in binds like this further down the road. Here's an article on our Debit card and how to get one. 

All of the services referenced above are available at no extra cost. I hope they're able to assist a bit further. There are a few addendums for withdrawing money at an ATM with your debit card, but that info can be found here: PayPal Debit Card Fees.

Good luck with this and your future transactions, and my apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.