PayPal Ripoffs

EvanW2022
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal customer for 17 years no longer will I be one as of today. I used PayPal for two transactions at Walmart online I used PayPal because my debit card was listed as main form of payment . A few minutes after placing the order, Walmart messaged me saying it had been canceled due to items being out of stock. Three days later I see a debit for the two canceled items on my online bank statement. The money was withdrawn for the canceled orders so I had to file a payment dispute. A few days later the bank contacted me saying they made a mistake and the money was re-deposited into my account. I got on PayPal because I had a pending deposit for items sold to an individual and I saw a negative balance, which totaled the cancelled order from Walmart . I then got on the PayPal website today to check on deposited money from my sold, orders and it was gone from my PayPal account. I called PayPal and they informed me that I owe them for the cancelled orders ! I told them that there is no money owed because I used my debit card for the canceled Walmart orders. Then she informed me that they fronted my bank the money for the orders, which I have never heard of. I told her I have been a PayPal customer for almost 17 years and have never had a problem like this and why was it that all my bank statement showed was paypal debiting money from my account for a cancelled Walmart order? She says my bank will not give them back the ”fronted” money, so it is up to me to reimburse them for money that was never taken! I then asked her what happened to my deposit money for the items I sold, and she told me it went towards my negative PayPal balance and that I will not be getting it back because I have a negative balance! Once again, I tell her I owe no money. If anything, they owe my bank money because my bank reimbursed my account for the canceled order! My bank even told me that Paypal owes them the money ! All I can say is, **bleep** PAYPAL ! They took my money, then said my bank took their money and won’t give it back so now it’s on me to reimburse them for the money that was never spent. I will never have anything to do with PayPal ever again!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @EvanW2022,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I do understand your concern about the negative balance in your account. In this situation, your best option would be to contacting our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page to review this further.

Have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.