PayPal Refunded funds to a now closed account and card

CotaOP
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, a month or so ago I purchased something with my debit card, I opened a dispute because the item I ordered came damaged, I ended up winning this dispute today. But paypal refunded this to the original payment method. This bank account/ debit card is closed. I contacted the bank because I read a few of these questions and saw I needed to contact my bank to recover the refund. the bank outright refuses and says they will decline any credits or refunds, and told me the paypal refund was declined. And to contact them, Paypal support as robotically as always does not understand and says "our refund says its completed" Even when it's LITERALLY declined. Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @CotaOP,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you have received the refund yet! We use a bot to help answer some of our more frequent questions and apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the bot. Please be advised that all refunds will be sent back to the payment method of your original payment. When your refund shows as "completed", the refund is complete, and we’ve returned the money to your original payment method. If the refund shows as "canceled", which means we’re unable to process the refund. As the refund shows completed and the card/bank account is closed, you will have to contact the financial institution to let them know you've received a refund and discuss disbursement options with them. Because they did not help you with the refund, kindly reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website so that our advisors can review your account and help you accordingly with the refund. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. 

Best Wishes,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.