PayPal Preauthorization Charge, HELP

RonnyK
Contributor
Contributor

i tried to place an order online on a webinar from a guy but the transaction didn't compete, so i didn't get an order or anything afterwards, no order number since there is no record of it. No record of it from my bank account, no record of it in my activity on paypal as well. However, my paypal account was hit with a pre-authorization charge for the order, which is a nonexistent order. The merchant hasn't been easy to deal with, it <Removed>that the poor customer service may result in having my funds pending for 30 days before it drops off but in my notification it shows it " On September 8, 2020, $1,000.00 USD was preauthorized for a purchase on your card xxx-xxxx. If it isn’t completed or it’s completed for a different amount, any pending amounts will drop off, usually within a day".  Will my money not be sent?  I really hope my money won't be sent at all.   is there a easier way to resolve this faster? After googling the merchant, i see there are complaints of people getting scammed from the merchant. Paypal support didn't help much.  Please help i'm lost. 

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

FreddieB-51
Contributor
Contributor

@bratibe : how can you use 3D Secure from MasterCard on PayPal? I don't see it on my Wallet. I have a preauthorization note, too, and I used MasterCard to order through PayPal. Can you tell me where 3D Secure is on PayPal, so my order can go through without Preauthorization notifications from PayPal?

Login to Me Too

tmumx
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem with my debit card how can i fix it pls. thanks
Login to Me Too

Temp20221019H
New Community Member

Same with my debit card. Did u ever find a resolution?

Login to Me Too

Kaylastevens
Contributor
Contributor
Hay did you ever get your refund ?
Login to Me Too

gsaini0909

I also got the same issue. Please udpate how soon we can get the money back to our account?

Login to Me Too

Simonekiah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having this problem. I just made a purchase on ebay from multiple shops in one transaction.

At the checkout the combined total was around $35

I had more than enough money on my card as I had just put funds into the account

I was charged the combined $35 AND the price from each individual shop. So I ended up being charged double.

My paypal account has the message:

"Preauthorisation $35 AUD. On 1 June 2021, $35 AUD was preauthorised for a purchase on your card xxxxx. If it isn’t completed or it’s completed for a different amount, any pending amounts will drop off your activity statements, usually within a day."

I understand this sometimes happens if the payment didn't go through or was declined but there was literally $50+ on my card.
3rd time this year paypal has charged me double or overcharged.

1st time I had to contact my bank and they refunded my money because paypal couldn't help me (even though they charged me two times and kept telling me that one of them declined yet the money had still been taken from my account)
2nd time paypal fixed it by itself and my money was back in my account within a few days

I will update with the result. I'm sure paypal will refund this but it's extremely annoying and incompetent for such a large company.
Login to Me Too

Simonekiah
Contributor
Contributor

Update: within the next few days I was issued a refund completely unprompted by me. Still upset that for a few days $35 was gone from my account. Paypal get it together

Login to Me Too

Eunice123

I also got the notification of preauthorization on my Paypal and YesStyle telling me that my transaction has failed. I waited for a while and I got my money back within 30 minutes after that.

Login to Me Too

helenlin274
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I’m having the same issue, how were you able to resolve this so quickly?
Login to Me Too

Muffincat
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me while trying to order food delivery, took my money and does not come up as an order so the money is gone and ill have to go to bed starving... will be deleting my papal after this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.