PayPal Pre-Authorisation Issue

blackonder
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I wanted to buy a theme from the site called ThemeHouse on 16 November using my debit card via PayPal. When it comes to the payment screen, it says sorry something went wrong, so the payment could not be completed and I could not get the theme. But when I looked at my debit card, the amount of 679.31 TL was withdrawn. So I went into my PayPal and got a notification. This notice read Pre-Authorisation. Then I contacted PayPal and said that no refund has been made to my debit card until today. The customer representative told me to wait 30 days but said he could help after that. But I don't want to wait for a theme I didn't buy and the fee was taken from my debit card. I don't want to miss this sale because it is Black Friday sale and I want the amount refunded to my debit card immediately. If I wait 30 days, the discount will go away anyway. And I have no other debit card limits. When I talk to my bank, it is said that this amount is not refunded by paypal and the amount has been successfully withdrawn from the card. What can I do? I don't know.

[removed]

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pkkh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @blackonder 

Thank you for contacting Community.

I see you're concerned about an Authorization payment on your PayPal account and do not wish to wait for 30 days. In such cases, you can contact your merchant, the one to whom the authorization or order was placed and ask them to cancel it for you. They will be able to see the Authorization in their PayPal account. Once they cancel it, the refund will be processed back to your card. If they don't accept or deny the Authorization, then it will automatically be cancelled after 30 days. For more information on this, you can refer to the Article

I hope this helps.

Thank you

Punith 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.