PayPal Keeps Submitting Charges to an Overdrafted Account.

SweetMelissa81
Contributor
Contributor
Overdrafted $212.00 Fees: $550 plus as of now. I can pay back the $213 easily. But the mounting fees is what is killing me. I am the one who messed up. My husband and I have 2 cards for the same account. I changed MINE to only take from the food bank acct. I didn’t realize it would t default to his also. That’s what got us into confusion. I took all accounts related to the bad one and only left the one in good standing; my NEW Positive account. I even put $100 ON paypal cash to take it from there. They can’t. So each of the next few tries they do for 5-7 gas station purchases of 1.99-7.99 gets me -40.00 each try. They say there is no way around this. Can this NOT be true???? Help??
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SweetMelissa81 

True. Changing or removing the payment methods around won’t help nor stop the debits. When you pay, the transaction parameters are set for each transaction and automated until successfully debited. If payment comes back insufficient, PayPal is set to represent the debit to the payment method (s) assigned at checkout until it is successful. So, your best bet is to top up the insufficient account, your husband’s account. Do not try to take the extra step of topping up PayPal balance as then you’ll be paying twice: once to top up PayPal balance and once to resolve your insufficient PayPal balance which will result in positive PayPal balance of the amount(s) insufficient for which you can withdraw back to your bank account.

Again, just only top up the insufficient bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SweetMelissa81
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t do this. I talked to boa and they said there is nothing they can do to stop PayPal from submitting as many times as they want … each submission is another $40 fee. I HAVE THE MONEY!!!! It’s a bigger and bigger cash grab by boa.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.