PayPal Holds

JustSantyy
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. Im fairly new to Paypal (createdy account around February, yet it was inactive until June 18th), and since June 18th, i have made a couple of transactions, specifically 5, 3 being for 5$, one for 15$ and one for 50$ (me being the seller). I sold some digital goods, and all of those payments are being held by PayPal since June 20th. Researching about this, it said it'll take up to 21 days for the funds to be released, yet if u added tracking info, it'll take up to 3 days. I added the tracking info at June 21th 1-2am, and as of now, all of them are still on hold. Allegedly, one of them will be released on June 25th as one of my buyers sent me a screenshot of the notice. My question is, how long would these funds be on hold (added tracking info on all of them), and, will these happen with every single sale i do? I honestly don't find the necessity of this when they could just add a confirmation button on the buyers side for the payments to be released earlier. If all my transactions from now on will take up to 3 WHOLE weeks, is there any effective way on making it quicker? I added the tracking info on all of them yet they are still being held. Forwards thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JustSantyy 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-release-my-payment(s)-on-hold-faq3743

Note that different countries have varying differences to releasing the hold sooner. If there are release dates allow a day or two from that date for the money to release.

Eventually the holds will stop once PayPal understands your selling/receiving patterns. PayPal review sellers accounts on a regular basis. Establishing a good selling history with PayPal will help to avoid holds in the future. 

Since you are selling digital goods, its a good idea to always update the order status so the system knows you are keeping the customer informed of their order. Updating the order status triggers the confirm receipt option to appear for the buyer 48 hrs later.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.