PayPal Funds sent to a closed bank account

Smelliesocks7
New Community Member

I have transferred PayPal funds accidentally into my closed bank account.  I have spoken with the bank who were not helpful and said because they could not access the account they couldn't help?  Which I was not convinced by.  They advised me to contact PayPal which i have done and am awaiting a response.  The money transfer was on the behalf of a friend so not even my money so am panicking a bit! Not sure where to go from here so would appreciate any advice 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smelliesocks7 

If the account is closed then the funds should bounce back to your paypal account balance.

Allow 14 days and if no sign contact customer services for a trace?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PaLe22
New Community Member

How did this go in the end?

I have a similar situation, but my bank says they didn't receive any money and Paypal says it didn't bounce back! 

So frustrating!!!

Would be nice to know how it went for you!

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

floraanthonetta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, would like to know what happened since then? I made the same mistake and would like to know how it went for you

Login to Me Too

floraanthonetta
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I just wanna know any updates on this concern? I just had the same issue and would like to know how it ended up for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.