PayPal Balance and Money In are not the same amount

shijiang
Contributor
Contributor

I recently received a payment from one of my US client and the money received is US dollars. However after deduct the paypal service fee, I have found that the amount shows in Money In(Total received) is different from the amount shows in PayPal Balance. It's like 40 AUD dollars difference. Why is that?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

shijiang
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone can help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @shijiang

Thank you for returning to the PayPal Community Help Forum! Welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear that there's a discrepancy with the amount that you received. Was there a currency conversion involved following the payment? Was there a purchase made after the payment? Either of those things would cause the two numbers to show differently. Additionally, even if there was no currency conversion, the number showing for the received payment is likely in USD, and the balance may be showing the equivalent in the currency that you have as your default.

If none of those possible explanations is the circumstance, please reach out to our Customer Service to allow a representative to give account-specific assistance. You can find your contact options by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.