Pay your bill issue with Chase

mateo-perez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I use the "Pay your bill" feature with PayPal to pay my credit card bills, however, I'm unable to do this to pay my Chase credit card.

I have tried contacting support about 5 different times now, but they don't seem to understand my issue. One of the support people even told me that PayPal does not even have a "Pay your bill" feature...

I am able to use this with other credit cards such as AMEX and Capital One. Chase is the only one giving me issues. Attaching a screenshot of the error message. Does anyone know who I can contact to get this fixed? Or how to properly get through support since most of them seem to be very incompetent.

paypal.png

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

mzx00
New Community Member

I am having the exact same issue with Bill pay for both Chase personal and business cards.

Also very frustrated with Paypal support. They don't seem to be empowered to research the issue further.

Login to Me Too

chaseuser7
New Community Member

same issue. when resolved?

Login to Me Too

Temp20221106j
New Community Member

same exact issue as well. commenting for more visibility hopefully.

Login to Me Too

jasonwlangley
Contributor
Contributor

Almost a year later from the OP and I'm having the same issue as well! Can pay all other credit cards with PayPal bill pay, but not my Chase Visa cards. Can not add the account, exact same issue as in OP's screenshot above.

Paypal support is absolutely terrible 💩

They simply never respond to issues or offer any solutions! 

Login to Me Too

OSS41
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem, too.  The PayPal customer support people refuse to look into it, even though one agent told me that it is a known issue.    But what is even more surprising is that when I contacted Chase to tell them that PayPal would not accept my Chase credit card, they said too bad, that's not their problem.  I emailed them again, pointing out that it is a Chase problem since they're losing all business with PayPal.  I asked to speak to a supervisor at Chase in order to escalate the issue.  After all, Chase can correct this issue as they have the leverage over PayPal.  Instead, I received a nasty email telling me that they would no longer reply to any more of my emails.  The customer service at Chase is atrocious.  Someone at Chase could be a hero if they would look into this and get back all the business that they're losing at PayPal.  But I guess it's too much trouble for these low-paid workers.  I guess that's why they're not doing brain surgery.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.