Pay in a different currency

Calislver
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I am in a Eurozone/€ country and want to buy from the UK.  The company isn't giving me an option on the checkout page to pay in their currency and when they convert it to Euro they're charging a lot more than the current rate.  My question is, is a company obliged to give a customer the option to pay in their own currency or the currency of the vendor?  Some sources say they are but others they aren't.

Thanks,

Cal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Calislver 

Its up to the seller what currencies they are happy to accept.

Personally I would expect someone to pay me using my countries currency as I don't want to lose funds having to convert a currency that I don't want.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Calislver 

Its up to the seller what currencies they are happy to accept.

Personally I would expect someone to pay me using my countries currency as I don't want to lose funds having to convert a currency that I don't want.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Calislver
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that. Good to know they don't have to offer it. So it seems they're charging more to pay a fee to convert when they could just accept in their own currency in the first place. Not a small seller either, a big UK based multi national.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.