Pay in 4 debacle

Smith09
New Community Member

Returned an item that was purchased using pay in 4 and had the latest payment declined due to card being locked (unrelated matter). I don't want to make another payment because im waiting for it to be canceled and the money refunded, yet PayPal is saying to make a payment or face possible late fees. Still waiting on the vendor to receive the returned item cancel the payment plan. Should I make the payment assuming it will be refunded, or wait until they receive the package and cancel the plan?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi @Smith09,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

I understand your concern about the Pay in 4. Please know our Buyer Protection Policy still applies to Pay in 4 transactions. You should be able to dispute the completed transaction if you have not received the item or if the item is not as described. You must still continue making repayments when due while we investigate your dispute. For account-specific questions, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support by clicking on the contact option at the bottom of the page on our website. 

Best wishes,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.