Pay in 4 Temporary Authorisation

EmmaDamore
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve logged into my account via the PayPal app. There was a bug on the website I was using and the shipping option I selected prior to logging into paypal to pay for my order wasn’t being calculated correctly. Twice after selecting the pay in 4 option I was redirected to the website to complete my order and that when the shipping had changed. So I never completed the order on the website. I then tried a 3rd time and did this process a little different, instead of going straight to PayPal I went to check out on the website, selected the correct shipping, then chose PayPal to pay. I then proceeded my order. The issue is their are two temporary pay in 4 pending transactions. When will the pending money be released? Or can I cancel the pending transactions from PayPal’s end?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EmmaDamore 

Pending authorizations expire on their own and drop off within 3 to 30 days. Only when they pending longer than 30 days, do you ask your PayPal or your bank to void it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EmmaDamore 

Pending authorizations expire on their own and drop off within 3 to 30 days. Only when they pending longer than 30 days, do you ask your PayPal or your bank to void it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

EmmaDamore
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your reply and for explaining the rules around pending authorisation .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.