Pay in 3 refund - 3 WEEKS ON (HELP)

laurenf22
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I have had a nightmare with Paypal and pay in 3. In November I purchased a product using pay in 3 with Currys. I had to return this due to a fault in December and Currys issued a refund quickly. However, only today I receive an email from Paypal saying a refund was made to my pay in 3 accounts. 

I paid £50 towards my pay in 3 accounts in (November £25 and December £25) and this is not showing in my account to withdraw (bank or Paypal) it states you have been refunded to your pay in 3 account. I am confused and still out of pocket 4 weeks on. Customer service has been no help and continues to say wait 5 days, wait 7 days, and wait 30 days. Can someone assist in letting me know if they have had similar issues and where does the money I have paid to pay in 3 actually go? 

Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

NasirB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @laurenf22.

If the status of the transaction on your PayPal account shows as 'Refunded', the money should arrive to your PayPal balance in 3-5 business days and you would have to withdraw the money to your bank/card accordingly. Click here for more information. 

Stay safe and have a good day! 
Nasir

Login to Me Too

laurenf22
Contributor
Contributor
After 4 weeks this has no been resolved. Safe to say I won’t be using PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @laurenf22,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post!

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. In this situation, I would highly recommend you reach out to the customer support team through the options available on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly with this issue.

I hope this can be resolved quickly.
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.