Pay after delivery

Heidibanham1
Contributor
Contributor
My pay after delivery option is no longer available. I have checked it on a few purchases and it’s not giving me the option on any of them. I have never missed a payment or done anything to warrant this. Anyone else noticed this ? Only happened in the last few days. It was really handy too ! Is it PayPal trying to stop people getting into debt and not being able to pay ?
Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

Helenb72
Contributor
Contributor
Give it a rest I wasn't even responding to you, I was replying to Goonden.
Login to Me Too

thegoonden
Contributor
Contributor
Balance of probability. Technical issues with limited support resources availabke to correct, does sound rather more likely than Google going bust. Now if the PAD system drew on an isolated finite fund and there was massive rise in denand.....maybe, that could run out. But naaaah. And if they were in deep doodoo they'd start with PP credit surely.
Login to Me Too

chris301up
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. PayPal is so unreliable now. I always tended to purchase from sellers that provided the Pay After Delivery service, but now this seems to have completely disappeared! Even from sellers that I have previously used and provided this service. I have even added another bank account, which as been verified, but still nothing. Unless its something I desperately need, I simply don't bother to buy anymore. I think PayPal have 'shot themselves in the foot' with this now? Either it is going to be offered or not. Make your mind up PayPal!

Login to Me Too

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor

@chris301up wrote:

Yes. PayPal is so unreliable now. I always tended to purchase from sellers that provided the Pay After Delivery service, but now this seems to have completely disappeared! Even from sellers that I have previously used and provided this service. I have even added another bank account, which as been verified, but still nothing. Unless its something I desperately need, I simply don't bother to buy anymore. I think PayPal have 'shot themselves in the foot' with this now? Either it is going to be offered or not. Make your mind up PayPal!

The reason why I and so many other people are no longer seeing the Pay After Delivery option on eBay is because from the 8th February 2021 eBay have now stopped supporting Pay After Delivery from PayPal.

I spoke to someone at PayPal yesterday 19th February 2021 when I noticed on eBay when trying to buy many eBay non managed payments items that still use the old style eBay checkout (where PayPal Pay After Delivery was always an option for me), that it was not being offered to me any longer when it was always there and I have always paid PayPal for all my Pay After Delivery transactions with no problems. The PayPal rep told me that eBay are no longer supporting Pay After Delivery PayPal transactions and this option is now gone from eBay but other sites are still supporting PayPal Pay After Delivery.  

Login to Me Too

chris301up
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I will just have to cease trading with EBay and find other sites that support this very useful option.

Login to Me Too

Lynz999
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the update, I have been trying to find out why since the beginning of April this option suddenly wasn’t available to me any longer on all the sites I normally used it. Was handy having the 14 days before payment taken. I did initially think it was something to do with my account but couldn’t understand why as I have never had any problems with PayPal. The only other thing I thought was it could be linked to COVID-19 and shopping limitations. Glad to hear I’m not alone with this and hopefully they will reinstate it soon. 😄
Login to Me Too

Darren78
Contributor
Contributor
Happening to me, I've never missed a payment and the option has gone.
Login to Me Too

chris301up
Contributor
Contributor

I too. Pay after delivery as suddenly disappeared. I have used this for many years without any issues whatsoever. A very useful way of purchasing items, particularly when bidding for items on EBay. I have telephoned, and used online chat with PayPal, and they confirm this feature apparently is still live on my account. I have added a new card and conformed this as instructed, but still no joy! I appreciate some sellers do not subscribe to this service, but I have tried to purchase from sellers who I have regularly used in the past, all of whom accepted PAD, but the problem remains. Its very, very annoying and frustrating!

Login to Me Too

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal playing games again with Pay After Delivery...

I'm a compulsive buyer on eBay but lately I have had to decline a lot of eBay purchases simply because Pay After Delivery is NEVER AVAILABLE anymore...

Sure it is active in my PayPal account and I have always paid for all my dues no problem since 2013 since PayPal invited me to use their Pay After Delivery service

I have over 4620 feedback for buying and selling on eBay since 2004, I never had any problems or any bad feedback in all that time, and as far as I know my account and relationship with eBay and PayPal are in good standing...

Ever since May 2020 PayPal have cut my Pay After Delivery privilege right down, I used to  get Pay After Delivery offered for almost  every eBay transaction including some overseas transactions, now it is offered only once or twice  in every 20 transactions, but last week something happened where PayPal were giving me Pay After Delivery for every single eBay transaction ranging from £2.00 to £248.00 !, I was so happy thinking that the good old days are back again only for PayPal to TAKE EVERYTHING AWAY this week and offer me NOTHING anymore !

What's going on PayPal ?... why do you let me down when I really need your help with Pay After Delivery ?

Why do you keep on playing these awful games with your trusted and verified members ??

Why is your Pay After Delivery service deliberately SO UNRELIABLE lately ???

Please be kinder to your users whom have always given you much business and treated PayPal with RESPONSIBILITY. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526DG
Contributor
Contributor

P.A.D OPTION taken away by paypal to try reduce deliveries of non essentiaal items to reduce virus spread. This is what customer serrvice told me yesterday. I think if enough people complain about this it would be reinstated. I always use this option. Had to use klarna payment instead yesterday they  offer 14 day P.A.D. but cant use this on ebay. But lots online shops offer klarna. Paypal are going to lose doing this. And who decides whats essential. Its bad enough that we are being made to live in a facist police state. When the truth is the motality rate of europe including uk is lower than past previous 3 years. People die of flu in the amounts shown for coronavirus every year. And lets face facts if we supposed to be only doing living buying working on essential stuff then why are they still putting up 5g masts and antennas. Surely that isnt essential. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.