Pay Bills charged to Wrong Credit Card

Mangorunner
Contributor
Contributor

I added a Citi credit card to my PayPal account and set it up as my Preferred Payment Method. I received two PayPal emails confirming that Citi credit card was added, and that it was now my preferred payment method.

I used "Pay bills" to make a utility payment. I took screenshots throughout my payment set-up. (Link to screenshots, below.)

Under "Choose your bank or card", I selected my Citi card.

Next was a summary screen showing the payment amount, date and Citi card as the payment method.  It was all correct, so I clicked "Send payment".

Despite every payment method selection and confirmation screen that PayPal had displayed, the payment was charged to a different card.  It was charged to my Discover card which was neither my selected nor preferred payment method. Here are 8 (eight) screenshots:

[removed]

Why was it charged incorrectly? What in the world happened?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Mangorunner,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that the payment was charged to the preferred payment method. Each time you make a payment from your PayPal account it goes through a series of filters to determine how much potential risk may be involved, If the system deems a payment to be a potentially high risk, the system may limit the payment options or block the payment from going through all together which might be the reason the funding source was changed to different payment method.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.