Paid to a closed account, how can I get these funds back please?

Womble1966
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I transferred some funds to a friend but the ban details were wrong - it's a closed account. How can we retrieve these funds please? He can't access the account as its closed. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Iris

Hello @Womble1966,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I realize that you may be having issues with a payment sent. I know this may be troubling. If the payment was sent as Goods and Services, you can dispute the transaction.

What should I do if I have a problem with my PayPal purchase?

When a transaction is sent as a Personal payment, you will need to reach out to the recipient to request a refund. If their account is closed, they will need to contact Customer Service directly for further assistance with their inquiry. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Message Us (when available) at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.  

Message Us

Direct Message

Instant Message

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.