PH Account, US Card, Japan US Military Base - USD Transactions, Huge Fees!!

krystel62
Contributor
Contributor

I am in a US Military base in Japan. My transactions are currently both in Yen and USD but mainly USD. I connected a US CARD to my Paypal PH account but the paypal fee gets higher and higher even tho it is Friends & Families. How can I do something about this? Another matter is - our US Phone numbers are currently inactive and we’re using both my PH number and Japan Number (I don’t know if this helps) but please suggest a good way of avoiding HUGEEE FEES. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @krystel62

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusion regarding PayPal's fees and using our services while stationed overseas. Members from U.S. Territories (as well as the 50 states) should sign up as U.S. members. PayPal does over the ability to use APO / FPO addresses on your account.  If the APO or FPO address matches the credit card address, the address will be considered confirmed. 

With that in mind, I would recommend using a U.S. PayPal account with U.S. phone number while stationed at a U.S. military base. That should help with the fees of sending / receiving money. However, you may still experience currency conversion and cross-border fees when sending funds internationally or in a different currency.  Either way, I wouldn't recommend using an account registered in the Philippines while stationed at a U.S. base in Japan. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.