PAYPAL LOST MY tax refund direct deposit....

KPenzetta
Contributor
Contributor

This is literally INSANE! I did my taxes via Turbo Tax. I got my state refund on September 15. On September 28th TBG (the company turbo tax uses to deposit your taxes after fees are taken) direct deposited my $4318 fenders tax return. PAYPAL LOST IT! They have no records of it EVEN though the account number and routing numbers were correct (verified 4 times!) PayPal’s first response? Verify again. UH no! Another reply? Have them cancel and send again! THEY CANT BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER HAVE THE $$ PAYPAL does!! Well they claim Bancorp and Wellsfargo does their banking, the routing number is linked to OCEANFIRST BANK in NJ. I learned this when calling Bancorp. PayPal refuses to tell me the name of the bank used for my account direct deposit. TPG provided me with a tracing number as proof it was sent to PayPal and the correct again. Every single time I call and end up screaming because the last response I got was no one could help me yet. WHAT? I have TWO little babies, YOU are withholding my money. I contacted a lawyer as of this evening. Has this happened to anyone else? Anything similar? I’m calling Ocean First bank tomorrow morning and demanding payment since it went to their bank.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

KPenzetta
Contributor
Contributor

Just a heads up the routing number they gave me was [Removed].

Login to Me Too

Sparkyswrath716
Contributor
Contributor
So I just tried to link my PayPal to my other account and now my other account is frozen due to it saying that PayPal is an “Oceanfirst” bank account… idk what’s going on but it needs to be fixed quickly. Right now my debit and all 4 of my savings accounts are frozen due to this. Did you ever find anything out???
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Sparkyswrath716, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!  

Your question is very account specific, and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

JorgeV265
Contributor
Contributor
This exact same issue is going on with me and I cant get a reply from yall
Login to Me Too

JorgeV265
Contributor
Contributor

[Removed] keeps showing up as ocean first bank?

Login to Me Too

Jonrox1970
Contributor
Contributor
I am going through a simular situation.. except my refund was deposited in someone else's account. And nobody seems to be able to help us. All most a month and part of this money is stimulus money that we never received so we have already been waiting year for this money
Login to Me Too

ShawnU74
This just happened to me as well. Paypal is telling me that oceanfirst bank is not the correct bank associated with my account. When I type in the routing number that paypal gave me, it shows up as oceanfirst bank. My $1,490 check is now lost and paypal is doing nothing but giving me the run around. Has anyone found a solution to this?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ShawnU74

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent transfer to your bank. I would recommend continuing to reach out to our Customer Support teams as they're the best equipped to handle this concern. They can be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page, or they can be reached through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Jantercait
Contributor
Contributor
I am going through the same thing. My income tax check was deposited on May 18th for 7,832 and then refunded back on the 19th. The company that sent it never got it and now paypal says there is nothing they can do. The only thing is when I look on my activities it shows the money was refunded to paypal not to the company that sent it. I Called Wells Fargo after tracing my routing number. And they confirmed that my money was never refunded back to the company that sent it and that the money was in deed still with paypal. And they still don't believe me and they definitely don't want to help me get my money back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.