Order failed but my account was charged anyways.

passta
Contributor
Contributor

Tried to place an order through a shop using PayPal but after endlessly loading it ended up failing to confirm the order, has happened to me before but this time it actually charged my bank account. The transaction doesn't appear anywhere on my PayPal and I received no confirmation or receipt emails like I normally do it's just only on my bank account transaction history. Any ideas on what's going on? Am I just going to get refunded? 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@passta 

It’s not a “charge” but an authorization hold to ear mark the funds so you would see it pending for up to 30 days and expire if merchant cannot capture funds, releasing the hold. If still on hold beyond 30 days, ask your bank to void the pending authorization.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

passta
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

So I have to wait 30 days to get my money back...? I don't really get how this problem happened in the first place. Is this something to do with me, or the merchant, or just some kind of glitch in the system? I guess I will need to do another order in the meantime but now I don't know if it will just do the exact same thing again. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.