Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

micmic0000
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @isabelsky, tried to call them this morning 6AM PHT to get 2FA removed but was not successful on their system it will still send OTP to my Globe # and the issue is NOT fix yet, they do not have other ways to bypass the 2FA so requesting for 2FA via customer service is 50/50. My experience for callback with Paypal takes around 1 week tops. They rarely callback in the morning PHT time cause there office hours is 9PM to 9AM PHT If you have later tonight you can call them and see if can get pass there IVR prompts.
Login to Me Too

missjnini
Contributor
Contributor
Same experience @micmic0000, called them twice and two agents didn’t help me to remove 2FA. I read from twitter some are lucky to have them removed via call. I don’t understand why they can’t do it for all affected customers. They can’t even give us a time how long this will take.
Login to Me Too

crashbdx
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, 3 days trying to login to my paypal account but never receiving the login OTP sms, so i'm stuck, im in Philippines.

The annoying part is all support options require to ... login..., even posting here require to login... had to use a different paypal account just to post here...

Login to Me Too

abbeyman
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue!! I'm a Globe user. I was able to log into my account and get an OTP last May 12. But today, no OTP. I called their US hotline all the way from the Philippines and I just keep getting "Cant support your inquiry over the phone". Don't even try. It's a waste of money to try to get support from their hotline.

Login to Me Too

micmic0000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi to All who are still having issue with OTP with Paypal for Globe user.

Just called today 400AM PHT and they said that Paypal ticket CSTS-0016867 is closed as the issue with OTP is not on Paypal's end.

BUT they opened another ticket CSTS-0017086 for the same OTP issue and they are still checking it again on their end no ETA on when the OTP issue will be resolved.

Paypal has no clear insight on what is really going on and why this issue happened and it is affecting a lot of customer who depend on their service.

It is very useless to contact their customer service because they cannot do anything to fix the issue.  Even the workaround to disable the 2FA on your account wont work for some users.

Can anyone on this forum report this to the media, it is really frustrating that they are not taking the issuee seriously and issue has been ongoing since May 20 or 21, 2022.

I have called Globe and said that it is not their issue at all.

Also the agent I spoke today said it is possible our phone is the issue, so if you have another phone you can try swapping your sim card to another phone and test it. (for sure it will just the same - i do think it is NOT a phone issue)

I have tried to install in Play Store different SMS app and still having the same issue.

Any other idea folks??  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

micmic0000
Contributor
Contributor
Looks like Globe is now part of this issue otp issue im betting in the end it is Globe's fault. From Globe Rep: " Hi, We understand your concern with regard to being unable to receive OTP from Paypal and we really do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. We are aware of the issue and have this investigated. We're already working on it to fix it as soon as possible. Rest assured that we will let you know once the issue is already fixed. We are hoping for your patience and understanding. "
Login to Me Too

BinoYanEh
Contributor
Contributor
Hey guys, i would suggest to call paypal again and ask them to remove your mobile phone number. As i said, the agent was able to remove the phone number and i got access to my account. Dont tell them to remove the 2FA, tell them to remove the phone number instead. For those residing in PH and unable to call paypal support, you can call them for free by installing skype and there is a 1 month free trial subscription in skype for USA calls but your payment method should be a card that has no funds so you wont get deducted and it will still subscribe you to the package
Login to Me Too

abbeyman
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the tip. I’ll try this. What options have you selected on the Paypal hotline? I keep going around in circles — either back to the Main Menu or “Cant support your inquiry over the phone”.
Login to Me Too

niniomadz
Contributor
Contributor
Finally after so many days, an agent successfully removed my number and I was able to logged in. I suggest to use skype, when using viber I wasn’t able to connect to an agent and IVR keeps telling me, we can’t support you right now and contact support via chat us now instead.
Login to Me Too

micmic0000
Contributor
Contributor
OTP issue is NOW FIXED, as May 25 2022 @105AM PHT
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.