No Longer Able to Make Paypal Transactions

Thebaconater
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks, 

I attempted to pay an invoice but forgot that transactions coming from my checking account (Santander), take a few days and to make a long story short, I didn't have the money present when Paypal went in to withdraw the funds. When I did have the funds, I changed my payment method to my debit card to make the process instant, however Paypal attempted a 2nd time to withdraw the funds, causing my account to be overdrawn. I spoke to my bank who lifted the charge (classified as an ACH returned item) & overdraft fee I incurred, along with speaking to Paypal letting them know of the situation. This whole situation occurred over the course of the end of last week to yesterday. Needless to say that today when I try to make a purchase through Paypal, on all my different platforms I keep seeing variations of my payment method has been declined. I've already tried re-linking my bank and debit card, I've spoken to my bank twice who claims there are no blocks or stoppages towards Paypal. When I spoke to Paypal support this morning, they claimed there was a limitation present on my account but it has since been lifted, (I never received a notification of this). As of this afternoon, I  still cannot make any purchases using Paypal as an option for 99% of the areas I used to like iTunes, the Google Play Store, Uber Eats, and Steam to name a few.

Would anyone have an idea to what is going on because I am out of options. Do limitations take a day or two to be fully lifted? Also, this limitation was never displayed in my resolution center either.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.