New Paypal user here. Trying to send money 'Your account is not supported for this action'

anung197
New Community Member

Hi All,

I am a new Paypal user. Trying to send money. I have linked my Visa. I got this error: "Your account is not supported for this action"

How to fix this?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anung197 

https://www.paypal.com/sg/smarthelp/article/FAQ1684

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

michimansad
Hi I'm from Colombia and I get the same problem when trying to send money to another person in rusia
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@michimansad 

You can't send to Russian paypal accounts at the moment as they are all suspended due to the sanctions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hs78
New Community Member

hi did u sort out this? me too having this issue.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hs78 

You haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately we can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

stilldrift
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same issue but I have had my account active for years now with no issues sending payments to other PayPal accounts in the past. I wish I can understand why the "Your account is not supported for this action" message is no cropping up
Login to Me Too

Micky34
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  Has anyone found a solution?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Micky34 

As no one is saying which country they are in then can't advise !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

stilldrift
Contributor
Contributor
I am from Nigeria. Sending money is allowed but receiving is restricted for my country. This has been so since 2014. But like I said earlier some weeks back, I experienced the same issue as OP when I tried sending about $35 to someone in Europe for a logo. I ended up sending the money via Payoneer. I find it strange because no change has been made to my payment method available in my account. PayPal still worked when I completed a domain purchase at GoDaddy today. So, it seems marketplaces work. But sending payment to an individual's PayPal email is where the issue lies.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.