Negative balance and can not add money

Željka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so I ended up losing a dispute against a buyer and I had to issue a full refund. I had no money on my paypal wallet so now I have negative balance. I tried adding money to my paypal via credit card (not the full amount of the debt, but around 70%). It wouldn't go through and it would just say the following: "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." Any ideas on how to solve this? *P.S. it also wants me to add more money than the displayed debt I don't know why is that.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ayesha

Hey @Željka,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post!

I understand that you have tried to add funds to your PayPal account. Unfortunately, you won't be able to add a partial amount either you can add the exact amount or add an additional amount to resolve the negative balance. The error that you're getting might be due to some glitch. I would recommend you to try some troubleshooting such as clearing cache and cookies or try using a different browser.

Regards,
Ayesha 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Željka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I tried to add a full amount with some extra to cover the fees, but I still get the same message and it doesn't work. I tried using a different browser, same thing...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_WendyD

@Željka,

You mentioned you're trying to use a credit card. I'm sorry, but this is not possible. You must use a bank account. You can find more information on this article.

If the issue persists, feel free to reach out to us

I hope this gets resolved soon.

Wendy

Login to Me Too

Željka
Contributor
Contributor

I am not from the United States...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Željka 

The link you have been given is from the Croatian Paypal site.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.