Need help with a "wasted" transaction on paypal

helpfulBAdger
Contributor
Contributor

I really need help with a transaction done over paypal on my other account  where i gave money to this guys email address and quickly realized i was **bleep** over when he didn't do anything for me in return (unbanning my xbox account because apparently he's an ethical hacker). This is definitely fraud and i would like a reimbursement from him please (of about 55$ AUD). His name is CYBERWAL on instagram.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@helpfulBAdger 

Click on the transaction and click “Report a problem” and then click item not received option to dispute payment. If you only get the unauthorized activity option, that means your transaction is not covered by buyer protection and essentially sent a ‘gift’ payment. No refunds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

helpfulBAdger
Contributor
Contributor

no refunds?!! But i sent the guy 50$ freaking dollars and he did nothing with it! he's a fraud. I want my money back

Login to Me Too

helpfulBAdger
Contributor
Contributor

by the way the guys name is Geoffrey [Removed] and i sent him "34.28$ USD" which was originally my AUD.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@helpfulBAdger 

If you used the friends/family option to pay then basically you sent a 'gift' of money and would have negated your buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.