My sent money is still on pending for the receiver.

VeryBerryChoco
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sent the money to my friend on Jan 6. On Jan 7, the paypal took the money from my account. However, my friend said she could not receive the money because it was on pending. We tried to cancel the payment, but there is no option appeared on our paypal account. 4 days have been passed, and I'm not sure what to do. I would appreciate any help or guidance. Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VeryBerryChoco 

Sounds like a processing echeque. Is there a clearance date? If so then wait for it to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @VeryBerryChoco,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that a payment you sent is still pending. I understand how concerning this would be. 

As @kernowlass has stated, the pending status could be due to the payment being sent as an eCheck. If this is the case, you should see a date stating when the payment is expected to clear. You can learn more about why an eCheck payment may be pending by visiting the Help Center link here.

If the payment was not sent as an eCheck, it may be on hold. You can visit the Help Center to view reasons why a payment may be put on hold. If the payment is on hold in your friend's account, please have them reach out to our Customer Support if they have questions about the hold.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.