My preferred method of payment is not being used. What's wrong?

mbeddo
New Community Member

I have links to my bank (checking, savings) and two debit cards (one of which is business debit). The checking account is marked as preferred method of payment. Lately, household bills have been paid using the business debit, and not the checking (preferred). I have looked at my account and the checking is still marked as preferred.

What's going on? This is **bleep** with my business accounting (commingling personal and business expenses).

I have removed the business debit from my wallet to avoid this in the future. But I'd like to know what has gone wrong.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

S_Ameen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mbeddo 

Welcome to the PayPal community! I understand your concern that the preferred funding source was not used for the payment. Please understand that in some transactions, not all funding sources are available for use. For various reasons, including perceived risk and cost, PayPal will override your default payment. This is to help keep you and your financial information safe. 

Ameen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.