My payment says pending on the EA website but is not showing up anywhere on Paypal, what do I do?

parkerengel
New Community Member

I talked to an EA representative about this and they sent me to PayPal. I ordered a digital download on the origin store and while it says the payment is pending on EA's website it does not show up anywhere on my PayPal account. EA cannot cancel the order because they claim it went through to PayPal, even though I have no evidence of this at all. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @parkerengel. Thanks for taking the time to add your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum.

If there is no transaction showing in your PayPal account Activity, it's possible you completed the purchase via Guest Checkout (which does not appear in your PayPal account since you would not have logged on to the account when completing the purchase), or the transaction was not processed by PayPal or the transaction was not processed correctly by the merchant.

Merchants such as EA use an order/authorization process to capture funds for a buyer's purchase. PayPal is involved to help buyers and sellers communicate, but sellers have to complete an order/authorization to receive any money. Please check your email account (including your spam/junk folder) to see if you have a receipt for the purchase.

However, if EA did not complete the order/authorization process, any funds placed on hold by your financial institution will be returned to you once the order/authorization expires or is voided by the merchant. If funds were placed on hold by your financial institution but the merchant doesn't complete the process to capture the funds, it could take up to 30 days for an order/authorization to expire which would then allow your financial institution to remove any hold.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.