My payment failed, but I was charged anyway. Seller did not receive money.

John8888B
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried making a payment for an order using Paypal. I got an error saying that the transaction had failed due some technical issue, and to please try again later.

I decided to order using my credit card instead. That went through correctly, no problems there.

I then received a notification from Paypal that I had made the payment.

I've checked, and the money has come out of my credit card account, and my bank account (linked to paypal).

The seller has confirmed that they only received the credit card payment.

Is there anything I can do about this? The dispute was rejected because it does not qualify, with no explanation for what is needed to qualify.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@John8888B 

What does it say just below the transaction in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

John8888B
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying.

I'm not sure which bit you mean.

It has the date, and the word payment.

It says paid with: and then my card details, then You'll see "PAYPAL COMAPNY NAME" on your card statement

the delivery address

transaction ID

Seller info

An order number, which is the same one as the order which was attached to my credit card, which the seller confirmed was paid by my credit card, not paypal.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@John8888B 

ok if it says PAYMENT then you have paid and the other party has received it, otherwise it would say pending or unclaimed.

So request that they refund the paypal payment as you paid with a card direct presumably the second time?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.