New Community Member

My card will not allow me to use it lo though it has money on it 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janicemiller 

Hard to advise as you have given 0 information, not card type you are trying to use or even which country you are in. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Janicemiller,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! I am sorry to know that your card is getting declined. Before we proceed, have you linked your card and confirmed it through which you are trying to send or process the payment. If yes,  please note sometimes to help protect your account, PayPal uses a complex screening process for card payments. This helps prevent lost or stolen cards from being used for unauthorized transactions. On rare occasions, the screening process affects valid cards. There might be several different reasons as mentioned below.

A credit card might be denied if:

• The card issuer is having technical problems that prevent authorization of a transaction.
  • The card issuer sees a charge that doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns and blocks the transaction to protect you.
  • You’ve inadvertently exceeded the limit on your card.

If you know that your card is valid but your payment doesn’t go through, you might want to:

• Contact your card issuer directly. Ask why your card was declined, and whether you can still use it. If you can still use your card, please try your transaction again.
  • Pay securely online using your bank account. You can link your bank account to your PayPal account in just a few minutes. The merchant never sees your financial or other personal information.
  • Link a different credit card to your PayPal account.

Regards,
    Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.