My card expired, added my new card, test payment success, card working fine without paypal

almothafar
Contributor
Contributor

So the issue is that I got some payments with websites like Patreon, and some payments using Steam, but they are all not working anymore, the problem started when I added my new card, I got a test $1 transaction working fine, but when I do any other payment it does not work on any platform, when I use my card directly to these platforms it is working fine, I asked my bank and there are no issues from their side!

I can't find any way to contact customer support, This is awful, and I'm not sure how to get this issue resolved, I went to all the articles in the help center, but there is nothing helpful, there are no restrictions, everything seems to be fine, I'm now after 3 hours is totally lost, I can't see any issue, I'm not sure what to do.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

almothafar
Contributor
Contributor

Just more things to mention:

* I never had this issue before, I got my Paypal in 2010, so I updated my card like 3 times 

* I tried to add some funds to my Steam Wallet $5, Using my card directly worked fine, but with PayPal I'm getting "Your purchase has not been completed.
The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method."

* I tried to remove and re-add the card many times

* I tried to remove PayPal and re-add it, it is added correctly, but when I try to do any transaction I get a message like the one above.

* In "Online purchases" I have my card selected.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @almothafar

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you have been unable to complete a transaction using your card through PayPal.

You mentioned that the test payment was a success. The $1 authorization is not itself a payment, but an authorization to validate that the card is correctly entered. There is another step, confirming the card, which validates ownership and may help in a situation where the transaction is declined and will not go through. There are some other reasons that may be possible as well. Please click those links for more information.

If you have checked everything in those two articles, please contact PayPal Customer Service for further assistance. There are contact options listed on the page you can find by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, or you can reach out to one of PayPal's social media handles on Twitter/X, Instagram, or Facebook.

I hope this is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.