My PayPal now asks for tracking on old transactions and is holding money until tracking is provided

starkitty99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have used PayPal for years.  It's always been the same no changes, until a couple of days ago.

I had an email from Ebay saying they were closing an old account I hadn't used for years.

I logged in and closed the account.

After doing that my PayPal changed. Every old transaction has a Add Tracking Information box under it.  I've never had to supply tracking ever.

And they have kept 2 transactions on hold.  I called for the first one.  She called the person who sent the money and then she released it.

It happened again and when I called she said she couldn't do anything and I needed to provide tracking.

I think when I logged into Ebay with the old account it must have triggered something.

The person I spoke to said nothing had changed.  But clearly it has and I can see it!

The problem is I can't give tracking until I pay for the order.  It isn't my product and they send it and provide tracking once I send through payment.

I really can't wait 21 days to have money clear to put it through. The product could be sold out by then. 

I don't know what to do ...  I really don't want to use my money to pay for another person. I will always be waiting for funds ..

Has this happened to anyone

I'm thinking I need to find an alternative to PayPal.  I never have had an issue ever. 

Any thoughts are appreciated 🙂

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ngorn79
Contributor
Contributor
My paypal now asks for tracking on old transaction and is holding money util tracking
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @starkitty99 and @Ngorn79

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I know you're concerned about the fund's availability. Typically, whenever you receive the payment via goods/services you’ll have access to your pending payment after a maximum of 21 days, to ensure a safer and secure environment. If you want to avail the funds on your PayPal account, please add the tracking information. Otherwise, the payment will be released 21 days after you received it, provided there aren't any issues with your transaction or account. For account-specific questions, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support by clicking on the help and contact option at the bottom of the page on our website. 

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

starkitty99
Contributor
Contributor
Why would my PayPal suddenly change. I've never had money on hold. No disputes. And its not every time either. Sometimes there is no hold. Other times it holds money saying its unsafe. But its from people I've had money from before. And PayPal say nothing has changed but I can see the changes. They also say they can't fix it. I need the payment to pay for the yarn. I can't ship it until I pay for it. And I cannot use my own money and wait until the funds are released. So if I can't ship it I can't give tracking. Its a mess. No one can tell me why it has happened. I will have to stop using PayPal. Which I really don't want to do. Customer Support are no help. And also I have security checking every time I sign in. Even to reply to this comment. Something is wrong.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.