Move money from one card to a bank account

tratajczyk
Contributor
Contributor

I have a debit card linked in my Paypal account and a different bank account also. How can I move funds from that debit card to the bank account that I have linked?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TasleemaJ
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @tratajczyk.

Thank you for your post.

I see that you would like to transfer money from your debit card to your bank account using PayPal. I would like to inform you that it is not possible to add money using a card to your PayPal balance. However, you can only add funds to your PayPal balance through a bank account and later transfer the PayPal balance to your card. 

Thanks and Regards

TasleemaJ

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @tratajczyk,

Thank you for your first post in the Community Forum, and welcome! 

The information provided by @TasleemaJ is correct, but I want to add one caution. Your PayPal account is designed to enable you to send money to or pay others, and to receive payments from others. Using it as a means through which to transfer funds between your own financial accounts is not its purpose, and that activity may contribute to problems down the line if it appears to the system to be a problem. In order to ensure the smooth working of your account without interruption, I would not recommend that you do that, or if you have already done it, I would recommend that it not be something that you do repeatedly.

I hope I've helped you continue to be able to use PayPal for years to come!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.