Money withheld please advise

mariaa11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I need your help. I sent a payment request to a person he accepted transfered the money but I keep receiving a message that money is withheld until the order is delivered. There is not any order to be delivered! What is it wrong?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mariaa11 

Fist, make sure you see a record of payment in your PayPal account. Emails can be spoofed/faked.

Here’s how to add tracking information or change the order status to get money sooner: 

1. Go to your Activity
  2. Find the transaction you would like to update, then click Get your money
  3. If you received payment that does not require shipping (ie. personal payment, delivered in person), sold an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  4. Click Submit

You'll get your money 7 days after confirming the order status as Completed.

If you do not see Get your money, click “Add tracking info” to update order status to “order processed” or “completed”.

You may optionally ask sender to ‘confirm receipt’ after 48 hrs later, here’s how:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

This hold happens if:

- sender forget to select friends and family option when they pay or cannot send a friends and family payment, only goods and services payment.

- your account is new at receiving goods and services payments

- haven’t received payments in a long time or unusual activity for your account

- because PayPal detects high value or highly risky transactions

- change in products/services being sold

- received numerous complaints, disputes from customers or other users

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mariaa11
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry its in Greek... but there is no option to take money or to track the payment...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.