Money sent to a friend or family, delay time 24h?

pAXdk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Im waiting for money from a friend. It was sent yesterday, but still did not received any mail from paypal and my account balance is untouched.

He also sent me a screenshot of complete paymant where is standing that AMOUNT has been sent to my email. There is a button "Send more money" and under this is a note that "This money is not refundable and can not be charged back. This payment may take up to 24 hours to reflect".

Could it be a scam? Does sending money to a friend take so long time to reflect?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pAXdk 

A real 'friend'????

If so then your friend is trying to scam you.

Paypal payments are more or less instant to SHOW in your balance, if pending it will say on your paypal balance and you would see the amount.

Also paypal does NOT tell you this.

"This money is not refundable and can not be charged back. This payment may take up to 24 hours to reflect".

Sounds like he has sent you a fake invoice altered to make it look as if he has paid (but sellers send invoices not buyers). 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pAXdk 

A real 'friend'????

If so then your friend is trying to scam you.

Paypal payments are more or less instant to SHOW in your balance, if pending it will say on your paypal balance and you would see the amount.

Also paypal does NOT tell you this.

"This money is not refundable and can not be charged back. This payment may take up to 24 hours to reflect".

Sounds like he has sent you a fake invoice altered to make it look as if he has paid (but sellers send invoices not buyers). 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pAXdk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, thats all i needed to know.

Btw, it was a scam. Money never came.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.