Money sent not the same as available

Tthomps
Contributor
Contributor

If I received 250.00, why would PayPal say 237.00 is available and not the full amount?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tthomps 

Your paypal fee is deducted from your buyers payment before the remainder is credited to your balance.

This is unlike sites like Ebay that send you a monthly invoice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tthomps
Contributor
Contributor

No, 250.00 sent by family.  237.00 available and then transfer fees taken from that!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tthomps 

Then your family member sent the funds using the incorrect option.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and 'may' apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee if funded from a bank account or balance (a fee if you use a card).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tthomps
Contributor
Contributor

They sent it through Facebook to my PayPal…there is no friends/family option and I’ve not had issues when he’s done this before 

Login to Me Too

abaabamadaki
Contributor
Contributor
Why My Paypal Account will Not Received Payment, It Shows Me That The Recipient will Not Receive Payment why.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abaabamadaki 

You are posting on someone elses thread which can make things confusing, however...

The option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.