Money received but Wallet empty

Alex-zen
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I’m new to using PayPal regularly and recently a friend sent me money. The problem is that while it shows that I’ve received it my wallet still shows a balance of 0 and I don’t know how to transfer the money to my bank account. I’ve had refunds from stores before and the transfer was done automatically. Is there a difference between receiving money from individuals and businesses? I’ve checked all the options on PayPal and there is no way to ask to transfer the amount my friend sent me to my bank account. This was last week. Thank you for your help.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Alex-zen,

Welcome to the PayPal community! I'm sorry to learn that you are unable to see the amount in your PayPal balance that you received from your friend and have questions about the refund. Receiving payment and refund are completely different. While receiving payment, is a primary transaction that you receive from someone. Refund works two ways, you would have sent a payment to the counterparty, and they would have selected issue a refund on the same transaction from their side, and the refund will appear on the original funding source that you used while sending the payment, (e.g. bank account or a card).

Now the main question that you have is, you see that you have received a payment, however, don't see it in your PayPal balance, this could mean that the payment is on hold if you received it as a goods/service payment. I understand that this payment was sent by your friend, please double-check with him if he has sent it as a goods/service payment or a personal payment. I don't see that you have selected any country, for us to analyze the availability of personal payment option. 

If this is a goods/service payment, you may refer to this help-center article and work with your friend on how to get the funds sooner.  

I hope this helps!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

Alex-zen
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Ali thank you for your reply. I don’t see any details about the type of transaction my friend made. All I see is « money received » there is no mention about anything on hold or any available option to have access to this amount. She is in the US and my bank account is in Bahrain if that helps.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.