Money received - Pending

ItZDraGoNSLaYeR
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, About 7days ago a friend sent me 505USD(420Eur) and the money have been on "Money Received - Pending" status since then, Paypal msged my friend/changed the activity tab saying that i will be getting that money by 13/11/2021( that was almost a whole day ago) My friend is getting worried that we might just wasted 500USD for nothing since its in the void right now and none of us have them(The money already left her bank account but never become available in my paypal account) What do we do? just wait? please someone help me.

PS: she sent me more money as we waited for those 420Eur and they registered in my account instantly. Only this one is on pending for some reason.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ItZDraGoNSLaYeR 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant as Paypal use electronic transfers ie echeques (cheaper but slower).

Funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours > few days later but they take several working days to clear through to the seller/Paypal as they go via ACH in batches.

Its called instant because normally Paypal credit the seller upfront and then Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so you get your item without delay.

However there are times however when its you and the seller / recipient that take the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Back up card has expired or needs updating.
2. You have had a recent negative balance or failed bank transfer (so paypal are not going to credit the seller in advance in case it happens again).
3. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
4. Friends / family payments *funded from a bank account* as this option is free then its you that takes the wait this time. Allow 5-7 working days.
5. Clearing a negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ItZDraGoNSLaYeR 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant as Paypal use electronic transfers ie echeques (cheaper but slower).

Funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours > few days later but they take several working days to clear through to the seller/Paypal as they go via ACH in batches.

Its called instant because normally Paypal credit the seller upfront and then Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so you get your item without delay.

However there are times however when its you and the seller / recipient that take the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Back up card has expired or needs updating.
2. You have had a recent negative balance or failed bank transfer (so paypal are not going to credit the seller in advance in case it happens again).
3. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
4. Friends / family payments *funded from a bank account* as this option is free then its you that takes the wait this time. Allow 5-7 working days.
5. Clearing a negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jianwenben
Contributor
Contributor

on 25th Jan my sister sent me a sum of money via paypal, the first sum came through immediately and i was able to transfer it to a local bank account.  the second sum of money, even though it was sent just a few minutes apart, is still pending.

I do not understand how this works.  As a customer, I feel that this money was being withheld for no reason by Paypal, depriving me the money for this period of time...  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Craig

Hi @jianwenben,

Welcome to the Community! 

As an extra security measure we occasionally hold payments to review them more closely. We want to be sure that it’s a legitimate payment and decrease your risk of any possible future losses. 

These reviews usually take 24-48 hours and once we’ve completed our review, we’ll email you with the outcome and provide further instructions.

Hopefully, this helps! 

PayPal_Craig 

Login to Me Too

pistasyos
Contributor
Contributor

My friend gave me 20GBP and it's still on pending. Is there any way to speed up the process, I'm anxious because I'm not really familiar with how paypal works and fear that it may be gone forever and I won't receive it.

Login to Me Too

jianwenben
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Craig thank you for the reply.  The money was sent on 25th, and was received on 1st Feb.  It is not your usual 24-48h.  It was 7x24h or almost 168h later.  It is unacceptable and does make the experience an extremely unpleasant one.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jianwenben 

Did you not read my post/solution above with the option of number 4 in BOLD that explained why?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jianwenben
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass indeed you have written it in bold, and i did not see it my bad.  if i have been more patient and read through the entire post, i would have seen it and save myself a few days of heartache.  thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.