Money on hold

Chang0817
Contributor
Contributor

I was sent money for the first time and it is on hold for 21 days. How can i receive it sooner? I have added track9ng but it did not help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chang0817 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. They can validate the tracking information online, so once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale or no tracking number is applicable Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

However If you mark the transaction as processed then the sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Chang0817
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Thank you so much for replying.  I cant seem to find the Get your Money option. I only have shipped, order processed, cancelled and returned

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chang0817 

If you have added tracking then funds are normally released when tracking shows delivery of the item to the buyer + 1 day as long as you used one of Paypals supported carriers. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chang0817
Contributor
Contributor
Got it. Its actually just a money transfer from my sibling. I changed it to Order Processed instead and tick tracking number not required. What should be our next step?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chang0817 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. They can validate the tracking information online, so once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale or no tracking number is applicable Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

However If you mark the transaction as processed then the sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chang0817
Contributor
Contributor
Got it. Thank you so much.
Login to Me Too

Balo2
New Community Member

The sender did not see confirm receipt button

Login to Me Too

tysonbeck
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue n money is on hold and Unfortunately Paypal does not check tracking information. I have provided such and no action was taken.  I am planing to call them instead.  21 days is ridiculous.  I should have used the platform Zelle instead for money transfer.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @tysonbeck

Thank you for posting in the PayPal Community! 

If there aren’t any issues with your transaction or account, the payment will typically be available to you within 21 days after receipt. To get your payments released sooner, use trackable delivery with any of our approved delivery companies and enter the tracking details on your Activities page. We’ll usually release your payment 1 day after delivery is confirmed. If your buyer confirms they've received the item, your payment will be released immediately. For more information on payment holds, please see:https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq1987.

I hope this helps! 

Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.