Money on Hold!

Kaniz21
Contributor
Contributor

I am using PayPal for the last two years and never had any problem but from the last two transections I received the money but it shows that it is on hold and I need to update it. Before that I always got the money instantly now it takes 7 days. I am not a seller I normally use this if I need a small amount of money from my family members or friends. I tried to call customer care but the problem is I can't speak Deutsch. What can I do now?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

jenniferbower82
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue! I sold a breast pump for 200.00 on Facebook market place the buyer picked it up and paid me using paypal. Now they have my money on hold! I didn't ship it so I can't provide a tracking number to say the buyer received it. She has it! Such BS!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaniz21 

Sounds as if your friends or family members are using the goods/services option to send the funds?

If so then paypal may hold the funds for 21 days as they see you as a new seller, however if you mark the transaction as processed and the sender confirms 'receipt' funds may be released 7 days after that confirmation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kaniz21
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Yes, I did that marked the transaction as processed. But the thing is I don't like to wait.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaniz21 

Then make sure your family / friends use the correct option in the future if its NOT a payment for goods or services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RCCHAN
Contributor
Contributor

I am having thesame issue! and its **bleep** me off 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.