Money held for 21 days

Trendyfrank
Contributor
Contributor

Money was send to me on date 16 of December 2022, PayPal send me an email indication my money is on hold, so I couldn't see the money on the activity region. My question is, did I receive the money and why can't I see it up to date, it's past 21days now

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trendyfrank 

Maybe you got scammed by faked PayPal email. Even if PayPal hold a payment, you should still see the payment in the Activity region. If you see no transaction in the Activity region and no update in the balance region then you have not been paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Trendyfrank
Contributor
Contributor
The email is from the PayPal service, I've confirmed it with previous and recent transactions This is the email that sent the update! But the balance have not been updated yet, it was large amount, am in a shock right now! From here, what should I do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trendyfrank 

Scammers spoof paypal email addresses to make them look as if they come from paypal.

PayPal send me an email indication my money is on hold, so I couldn't see the money on the activity region.

This is incorrect and Paypal would not say that, any funds on hold still SHOW in your paypal balance with hold on them and SHOW in your paypal activity.

No funds in balance means you have not been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trendyfrank 

I think you got scammed. Money should be there in your account if someone really paid. Don’t just believe emails. Believe what you see in your PayPal account. If you have a transaction ID number for the payment, contact customer service to confirm payment or see if they can see a payment stuck in the system for your account that’s not appearing.

https://www.paypal.com/ke/smarthelp/contact-us      

Click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.   

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.