Money charged of Debit card after balance going red and pending top up

JanaDV
New Community Member

Hi!

I had a payment that needed to happen, but I got a message from PayPal saying there wasn't enough money on my debit card ( there was though ). So my wallet balance went red. I then added a top up, to pay PayPal back.

The top up hasn't happened yet and my account is still in red, but they did manage to take the amount from my bank account now. 

To explain in numbers: 

I had to pay 92 euro for takeaway. Got the message it couldn't be taken from my debit card -> PayPal wallet went to -92 euro.
I then put in a top up request. So that 92 euro went off my debit card and is pending on PayPal.

After I did that, PayPal still charged the 92 euro from my debit card, but my balance is still on -92.

So I have lost 184 euro now from my debit card.

@DoubleCharged @Doublecharge #negativebalance, #transactionfee, #paidbalance 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JanaDV 

If you have failed bank transfer then Paypal automatically keep trying to access those funds to clear your negative balance.
They have already fronted the payment to the seller on your behalf and so want the money owed.

If you sent a bank transfer to your Paypal account and Paypal also automatically applied for the funds as well then you would have 2 payments processing to your paypal balance.
The first one to arrive will clear the negative balance and the second one will be credited as a + to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your balance once cleared.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nizam_Hyd_India
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me earlier as well as today.
amount debited from my account but the payment is still pending in PayPal .. where did the amount go? and how does Paypal handle this?

No Live Support from PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.