Missing Refund from Airline Tickets

rnguisti
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased airline tickets from American Airlines that have since been refunded. On AA's website, my tickets show that they have been refunded to my PayPal account. However, PayPal has absolutely no record of this. AA sent me my original purchase receipt, as well as my refund receipt, both of which state that the tickets were purchased via PayPal on a "Universal Air Travel Card." I have never heard of this, but AA told me that is just another way that they code that it was purchased through PayPal. PayPal has stated repeatedly that there are no funds and that they cannot help me locate them. AA says that since they have released the money they have no way of helping me either, and that it is between me and PayPal. I am beyond frustrated and upset that this money has just disappeared, even though I have receipts that it was returned to me. Has anyone else ever experienced a similar issue? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Cbolles8
Contributor
Contributor
I am experiencing this same issue and wondering if you ever had a resolution??
Login to Me Too

rnguisti
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! I contacted the Attorney General and explained the situation. They reached out to American Airlines and PayPal. PayPal suddenly found my money. I would strongly suggest contacting the attorney general of your state, that was the only way to get PayPal to help.
Login to Me Too

Cbolles8
Contributor
Contributor
Wow - how ridiculous! Glad you were able to get the funds back and appreciate the advice!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.