Metrobank Debit link to Paypal

Temp20230525ad
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would just like to clarify on some matters pertaining the Metrobank account linking to Paypal.

There have been some posts stating that one CANNOT link their Metrobank accounts to Paypal, such as this:
http://www.affordablecebu.com/load/banking/linking_paypal_account_to_metrobank_atm_account/13-1-0-29...

And those that CAN link their Metrobank accounts to Paypal, such as this:

http://www.affordablecebu.com/load/banking/how_to_link_metrobank_account_to_paypal_account/13-1-0-30...

Hence, I would just like to know if I really CAN link my Metrobank account to my Paypal account and TRANSFER FROM the Metrobank account INTO my Paypal?

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

ellanica

Hello. I had the same concern, I inputted my card number instead of account number. Does this mean it's okay to input the 13-digit without adding zeroes? It already bounced back twice before I realized the issue and I got a deduction of P500 already.

Login to Me Too

thislioness
Contributor
Contributor

Pmadolora: Did it work for you? I have the same problem. I linked my 13 digit account number and tried to send a small amount to my debit card yesterday and paypal said it's been completed yet when I enquired, my ATM still has the same balance and the money I sent still didn't came through. 

@Pmadolora wrote:
Hello, I would just like to clarify on some matters pertaining the Metrobank account linking to Paypal. I’m just confused. I have the same issue and PayPal have been collected 500Php from my PayPal account for the money-back transaction caused by the failure of money transfer to my metrobank account. What account number should I put in linking my metrobank account? The account number is only 13 numbers and the card number is 16. Which one should we put in the linking?
Login to Me Too

princeszy10
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem with you now. What did you do to get the money?
Login to Me Too

lmhmlovelace
The 16-digit card number.
Login to Me Too

Amar_Ubhi
Contributor
Contributor
This is so nonsensical, that I can't even... Way to go PayPal...
Login to Me Too

Evann
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys,

Also been using Metrobank to witdraw money from paypal. It has been previously working well from previous months. however, after 3 consecutive transactions, I've been getting AHC withdrawal denied. has any of you encounter this? and how you resolve it? 

Login to Me Too

Ryle_xix
Contributor
Contributor
I had a problem similar to this one. Where there are times where the card becomes declined, then a few hours later it becomes active. What I did was I tried to coordinate with Metrobank and with PayPal as well.
Login to Me Too

Evann
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Ryle,

Thanks for the information. Did you coordinate with Metrobank via email? or did you personally went to the bank to resolve the issue? 

Cheers,

Evann

Login to Me Too

Gcloiz
New Community Member
Hello! I am having the same issue with this. It’s been two weeks since I linked my Metrobank account and transferred my paypal funds to it but the funds have not reflected in my savings account. May I know to whom did you raise this issue? To Paypal or Metrobank? And what was the method (email? Phone?). Thanks a lot!
Login to Me Too

Evann
Contributor
Contributor

Nope. haven't solved the issue yet. I've tried to email  Metrobank but didn't get any response. 

Please let me know if you have also resolved this issue.  

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.