Me and Seller are agreed on a refund but cannot issue

SWDC1234
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a refund on the resolution center, me and the seller had already talked and we agreed to issue a full refund. When I opened the ticket the money disappeared from holding in his account and he has commented on the case ‘yes send his refund please’. But neither of us have any idea how to issue the refund back to me, as far as I’m concerned my money has just disappeared. When I go to escalate to PayPal it says I can escalate from 26 august but also my dispute will automatically close on 26 august. We are completely helpless, please help me get the refund sorted out. Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @SWDC1234

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the PayPal Community Forum! 

When a case is opened, the amount of the case will go on hold for the seller for the duration of the case. 

The seller should have the ability to accept liability on this case, for steps on doing this see: How do I respond to a PayPal dispute filed by my buyer? The seller can issue a full refund via the PayPal case. 

With a dispute, PayPal doesn’t get involved or decide the outcome. To ask PayPal to step in, the case must be escalated to a claim within 20 days. If you need help escalating a case, see: How do I escalate a dispute to a claim? A dispute that is not escalated to a claim within 20 days will close automatically.

Alternatively, the seller can contact us directly for help with this. To contact our customer service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.