Lost refund PayPal holding onto my refund for 21 days now and closed my account?

SMW1972
Contributor
Contributor
Why do PayPal hold onto refunds and shut your account down to complicate matters? 21 days and waiting refund is 4 years old and trying to go to an old card but told this should not complicate matters
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SMW1972 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SMW1972
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your kind reply. Unfortunately it’s now 21 days and counting so it is taking at least 30 days by the looks of it. After many failed no replies from PayPal with deadlines of 2-5 days not honoured of sorting my refund I do not trust Paypal anymore I don’t even trust I will get my money by 30 days my bank say there is no trace of it and they never emailed a receipt to confirm the refund. PayPal have even refused to send the money back to John [removed] which they find odd. Someone not me closed my PayPal account down on Friday which complicates matters further.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.