Live streaming donation disputed but not given back to donator, neither to the streamer. Why?

florea993
New Community Member

So, if a streamer receives a donation thru PayPal while streaming, then the donator disputes it, after that I talk with PayPal and tell them to give him his money back if he wants it back. Paypal decides to keep the funds for their own and not give it back to the donator, neither to me that I am the streamer. Isn't that called theft? Any common reason why they would not want to give him his donation back ? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @florea993. Thanks for taking the time to add your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum. I understand how someone saying they did not receive a refund would pose a concern. Here's what I can tell you.

PayPal absolutely does not keep a refund someone issues. However, there may be a misunderstanding with the way the refund was processed. If someone was expecting money to be added to their PayPal balance, but they didn't see that, I can understand they might think the money wasn't returned to them.

However, refunds are returned to the original payment method used by the buyer/sender, and that's usually a bank account or card. The person who received the refund should check the original transaction in their Activity to see how the payment was funded, and then check any bank statement or card statement for a corresponding credit.

PayPal apologizes for any misunderstanding. There is more information at https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq1212. If the person who received a refund can't locate the money, they should contact Customer Service directly.

I hope this helps to clarify things. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.