Linking a South African Bank Account – Verification still pending

AlMagg1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! 

I live in South Africa and I'm trying to transfer the money in my PayPal account to my SA bank account. I have already created an online profile with FNB. They've verified all my documents and I've undertaken the steps to link my FNB online profile to my Nedbank account.

Although I was notified that the linking of my accounts was successful, I am still unable to transfer money between the accounts. 

When I log on to FNB and attempt to transfer my funds to my Nedbank account, it still reads "verification pending". The verification process is only supposed to take 24 hours and I've tried with two different accounts but no luck. 

FNB informed me that everything is good on my side and I should contact PayPal. Tried calling. Ended up here. 

Has anyone else had the same experience? PLEASE HELP. I really need to access these funds. 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Jb1352
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having exactly the same problem - my card and Paypal are both verified, but my Standard Bank account still has "verification pending" next to it. Has anyone found a solution?

Login to Me Too

AlMagg1
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to link PayPal to my Nedbank account. I had to start an FNB account to transfer funds between my PayPal and main Nedbank account. 

Login to Me Too

Eeeth1991
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.